What we do
As foremost IPTTO we:
- carry out sensitization campaign aimed at stimulating interest in original research geared towards promoting innovations within the University
- link and match Industries, SMEs, and Private sector players with University Innovators/Inventors for mutually rewarding benefits
- provide adequate assistance and facilitate the process of patents acquisition on products of original research and creative activities emanating from the University
- We equally facilitate the acquisition of other Intellectual property types such as copyright, trademarks and designs
- formulate and promote an effective Intellectual Property Policy for the University
- promote the commercialization of research and development (R&D) results and products in the University
- Serve to midwife a seamless Technology transfer from the University/innovators to suitable development industry partners for mutual economic benefit
Presently, we have several applications at various stages of processing for patent eligibility and applications. Additionally, in collaboration with NOTAP arrangements are being worked out to facilitate and enhance the wait times and ease of processing at the Patent Registry.
Access below our forms and other relevant links to related issues/organizations.
Patent/Technology transfer Forms